Our School Commitment
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination
- Provide equality of opportunity
- Foster positive relationships
At Biddick Primary School we aim to promote equality and develop positive relationships, by tackling any form of discrimination. We seek to remove any barriers that may prevent children from participating in all aspects of all life, making progress and achieving their full potential. We also seek to remove barriers to access and participation that may prevent parents and carers being fully involved in the wider education of their child at school.
At Biddick Primary School our aim is to enable everyone can ‘be the best they can be’ by:
- Ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
- Making our school a safe and secure place for everyone.
- Recognising that people have different needs, and understanding that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same.
- Ensuring that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination
Our Equality and Diversity Statement and Accessibility Plan can be downloaded below.